Sunday, May 11, 2008

Denzel

The school I'm at has a support dog (in training). His name is Denzel and he's really cool. He's a big black friendly poodle. He comes into classes and visits the kids, and also spends time with kids who have learning difficulties when they are doing one-on-one with teachers or support people. He also is available when kids are talking to the 'Life Coach' (guidance counsellor) as it has been found that a lot of kids find it easier to open up to an animal than a person.

In any case it may sound weird, but they have had great results with Denzel - the kids adore him.

MAX class gets to have him all day Wednesday, and at one stage the kids were working silently over on the carpet on the opposite side of the room from him. Well Denzel didn't think much of that - he wanted some attention. Mr R had put the kids homework on the floor under my desk to be marked later. Next thing you know, I hear this tearing noise, and I look around and there's Denzel eating the homework!!!!

I bet you've never heard of a dog eating the homework AFTER it's been handed in!!

Hehe.. I just thought it was funy.

No comments: