Monday, September 1, 2008

First lessons...

So today I had my first lessons. I did the same maths lesson for both classes.
I feel that I did pretty well, but I can see some areas where I could have done things differently.

I felt a bit nervous, so I think that was probably not helping - always like that in your first lesson. My intro's were okay- not as strong as they usually are. I didn't use questioning as much as I usually would. If anything, I usually over question but it totally slipped out of my mind to do this to check for understanding. I won't do it again, as both teachers commented on it, and as soon as I finished my lessons I realised that I hadn't done it. Other than that though, the lessons went really well and I got great feedback.

So apart from those lessons, I mostly did TA type work today: marking, photocopying etc. I seriously have doubted the whole 'pregnancy brain' thing before, but not anymore! You have no idea, it's so bizarre, I am totally conscious of my brain processing things so much more slowly than it usually would. You should have seen how long it took me to figure out how to photocopy the order of service for Mass into a booklet form... seriously! And I've been marking the maths book of a girl who has an Intellectual Impairment, so is only doing year 3 work. You would think I could add together 2 digit numbers to be able to mark them? Far out! I resisted the urge to find a calculator but it was a slow process.

Yes, so we have Mass tomorrow, should be interesting. Kind of throws our day a bit out of whack, plus the class has music, LOTE & PE, which means we have a lot of non-contact (or as they call it 'release') time. So should be a pretty cruisy day tomorrow. Suits me!

I'm starting to settle in a lot more now.. getting to know the kid's names (which really helps!) and I'm enjoying myself.

Fingers crossed it continues that way!

Zoey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was your first experience of mass at school? Do they have communion? How many kids in your class? I've never asked that yet!! Keep on keeping on with your brilliance!! Love Mama.