Wednesday, September 3, 2008

teaching teaching

I got to do three lessons today! It was good. I'm gaining a lot more confidence as I get to know the kids better, and I got really great feedback for all of my lessons.

Today I am a third of a way through my prac: 5 days down, 10 to go. It is going quickly, and I'm enjoying it more as the days go on.

Tomorrow I'm taking the entire day! I only have to teach 2 actual lessons, and other than that I'm just facilitating work that they are working on (assignments and such). It should be good. I haven't actually done that on any prac before, so it will be good experience.

To answer questions in my comments: Mass was pretty good. I liked the priest's message, and the kids were all really involved reading prayers etc. We all got to sit up on the alter instead of in the church. St Patrick's Cathedral is humongous, but a very beautiful church. The Priest said he preferred for the class to be up close rather than back, because the Mass service is intended to be intimate and is more meaningful that way instead of people sitting way back from the altar in uncomfortable pews! I thought that was a pretty good way of looking at it. They did do communion, but I opted not to take it as I didn't want to offend anyone. I got a blessing instead. It was quite a lovely service actually...

Anyway, I'm off - we have antenatal class tonight, touring the birthing centre!!!!!

No comments: