Friday, September 5, 2008

half way...

My first full week is done!

I am really enjoying it. My confidence is just really soaring this prac, and I'm feeling really comfortable both in my planning and teaching. I have gotten awesome feedback from my teacher, but she also challenges me, which I really appreciate. I'm enjoying the kids, it's a great class with a good sense of humour so you can have a bit of a joke with them and make school a bit more fun.

I have my week organised for next week... quite a few lessons but most of them I am teaching in both year 7 classes, which means that although I'm taking 14 or so lessons, I only have to do up 7 lesson plans. It's really valuable experience being able to teach a lesson twice as a prac teacher.
I have to do two religion lessons next week... will have to study up on Catholic theology so I don't lead them astray ;-) What does transfiguration mean again???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slacko!!! I've been waiting and waiting for all your prac news and you stopped after your first week!! Good thing I talk to you on hte phone or I'd know nothing. Still love you thoughXXXOOO