Friday, August 29, 2008

Two days down

So far so good...

My teacher is lovely, my class is great... I think it's going to be a really good prac.

So far I've only really been observing...getting a feel for the class, learning the kids names and that sort of thing, but I have a list of lessons to teach next week. The class next door (also year 7) has got another prac student, and we are both being given the opportunity to do lessons with both classes. This means that we can plan, say, a maths lesson and deliver it to both classes. This is really great as a prac teacher, because it gives me a chance to reflect on what I have done in the first lesson, and make changes where necessary and try again. It's really great.

My teacher's also very understanding about the whole pregnant bladder thing (without me even saying anything) and told me that any time I need to go, she's good with it. I know it seems silly, but I was worried about that.

I am totally stuffed this afternoon. I guess it's a lot to do with the fact that we had interschool sports this afternoon, so I was standing out in the sun for about 2 hours, and that tends to take it out with you. So I'm veging in front of Better Homes & Gardents (Woohoo the olympics is OVER), eating left over spaghetti from last night and keeping my feet up. Hoping for a nice sleep in tomorrow... then some time for planning my lessons for the week, and then my lovely husband is whisking me up to Ravensbourne for a picnic at the lookout. I think he missed me today.

No comments: